"An Island Surrounded by Land": Adventures in Paraguay

A chronicled account of the happenings in Chris and Marisa's lives during their two-year, three-month stint with the Peace Corps in Paraguay, South America. Disclaimer: Nothing written here should be interpreted as official or unofficial Peace Corps literature or as sanctioned by the Peace Corps or the U.S. government in any way. We have chosen to write about our experiences online in order to update family and friends. These are the views solely belonging to Chris and Marissa.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Only Jill Knows..

I was just looking at the contents of my blog and started to realize that my best girlfirend, Jill, went through all of the same motions and emotions in order to get ready to move to Ireland last January to start a teaching job. Wow. That must have been scary to have done it all pretty much by yourself.

I understand all of what you were going through now, Jilly.




1 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM , Blogger Jill said...

    Empathy! Woo hoo! Yeah, I was scared as hell, Marissa. (My last blog before I moved, called 'Crying Over My Coffee' or something like that was the worst. I just sobbed over the keyboard and was completely freaking out about the loss of that city that means so much to both of us. In any case, if you want to create a link from your blog to mine, here's what you do: When you're composing yours, make sure you're in the HTML composition mode instead of just the plain text mode. On the toolbar is a little icon that looks like a link of a chain superimposed over a little Earth. This icon will open a pop-up window. Copy & paste my blog URL into that window and hit OK. It'll create a clickable hyperlink to my page. Bingo, baby! I'm sorry you're freaking out. It's scary, isn't it?! You'll be fine though. You've got Chris, and he's got you, and you both know what you're doing. And you have an expiration date on your trip and a place to come home to when you're done, so that helps things, too. (((HUG!!!)) I love you!! xoxoxoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home